With more than 10 billion IoT active devices in 2021, and 127 new devices connected to the internet every second, it’s no surprise that we’re used to everything connecting to the internet. Smart devices are embedded in our daily lives, from answering the door to controlling the central heating from your mobile.
But it’s not just in our personal lives that smart devices can provide a positive impact. In fact, 83% of companies claim to have increased efficiency by introducing IoT technology, from operational technology to commercial security systems.
What is Remote Security Monitoring?
Remote Security Monitoring is the use of smart security devices within a buildings security system that connect to a web-based control system that can be monitored remotely.
This can include commercial security cameras and CCTV, intruder alarms, wireless sensors and smart locks.
How does Remote Security Monitoring Working?
Once your smart security system is installed, your system will be configured to connect to a remote security monitoring platform. This web-based platform will allow user notifications and alerts to be sent in real-time if a particular trigger is activated. For example, if an intruder is identified on CCTV cameras or an unexpected access control request is made.
Depending on the technology solution installed, your CCTV security system may utilise video analytics and algorithms to identify particular shapes (i.e. a person vs an animal) or infrared sensors. Depending on your specific business and requirements, will influence which solution will be best suited for your business.
Here at JKE Fire & Security, we’re proud to be brand-agnostic. This means we always evaluate the best technology available on the market to make a recommendation that we know will be right for you and your business. Commercial security systems are not a one size fits all solution.
What are the benefits of Remote Security Monitoring?
- Seamlessly integrate your business security system with your life with easy monitoring from your mobile, tablet or laptop. Allowing you to check-in anytime, anywhere (you can even control the camera direction and zoom in from your mobile!)
- Remove the worry and stress of the unknown by engaging with an outsourced 24/7 security monitoring service.
- Automatically activate security response protocols based on pre-determined trigger events, from alerts to system lockdowns. Removing the need to monitor each of your cameras 24/7 manually.
- Speed up police and fire response times by raising automatic alerts when they’re needed.
- Reduce the impact of a false alarm through real-time remote human intervention and override ability.
- Access security surveillance footage or download high-quality images with ease if and when you need them.
- Utilise Audio Intervention to deter an intruder without the safety risk of face-to-face security.
- Reduce the cost of failed security protocols and potentially your insurance costs!
Are you interested in learning more about how a smart commercial security system and remote monitoring solution could help your business? Contact us today to learn more or to arrange a free site audit.
Here at JKE Fire & Security, we are experts in keeping you and your business safe, providing everything from Fire Alarm Systems, CCTV & Intruder Alarms to Access Control.